Thursday 31 July 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

Hello,
Today I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy with my friends. It was amazing and I extremely enjoyed the film. I thought that Chris Pratt did a wonderful job acting as Star-Lord, I have watched a couple of interviews with him talking about the film beforehand. I thought he did an amazing job getting into shape considering his wife bakes a lot. Bradley Cooper also did a fantastic job as the voice of Rocket, and he also happens to be on of my favourite actors and seems to be in many of the films I enjoy and have watched recently. 

Zoe Saldana did was excellent as Gamora as well as enjoying her performance in this film I also love her in Star Trek as Uhura who is one of my favourite characters from the Star Trek films. There was also a very big surprise for me when Karen Gillan name appeared on the cinema screen. I knew she had shaved her head for something but was totally unaware that she was going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy and was delighted with her performance throughout the entire film.

My favourite character from the film was Groot played by Vin Diesel who I haven't seen in anything other than this, I thought it was an amazing performance and even though his lines was repeated throughout the film, the character, Groot was amazing and by far my favourite. 
The film was quite funny and considering it is a Marvel film, I thought it was going to be a little bit more sinister although the film did have its depressing moments like every Marvel film. There were many great one liners which were funny and made the entire cinema laugh. The arguments between Rocket and Star-Lord were by far the best moments in the film and which often made me giggle and laugh whenever they occurred, the ones shown during the trailer were the funniest out of all of them. 

One of the disadvantages to the film was the amount of swearing. The film was a 12a and there was quite a large amount of foul language. In my opinion I thought that it was too much considering if the film it is a 12a then anyone who is under 12 accompanied by an adult can watch the film therefore a 7 year old could and I don't think it would be appropriate for a 7 year old to hear that kind of language. Although there were some funny moments were the behaviour was necessary like when Star-Lord puts his middle finger up at the camera after he is arrested, and this was a very funny moment, which I enjoyed.
Thank you for reading this post.
Elena :')

No comments:

Post a Comment